Monday, November 12, 2007

A Tangled Angle



As I strolled through the puddley cobblestone streets of Brugge, Belgium my anticipation of great shot opportunities was replaced with the ever-present dreary clouds and light rain drops. Still, I was so impressed with Brugge, I couldn't stop shooting. As the sixth hour of shooting approached, the weight of my camera impacted my neck so that I was continually looking down. Then I saw it: the reflection of The Belfry clock tower in Grote Markt. The puddle through which I saw the reflection encased a number of cobblestones, thus adding an additional level to the image's depth. To accomplish the preferred framing, I had to shoot backward and bending at an odd angle. The result was a simple, yet busy tangle of depths and distortions. This shot was well worth the day of mediocre weather and turned out to the inspiration for the name of this blog.

Seadragon this image!

Location: Crote Markt, Brugge, Belgium
Season: Summer
f-stop: 4
Shutter speed: 1/200
Focal length: 40mm
ISO: 100
Other comments: Low, gray daylight

No comments: