Sunday, October 14, 2007

Doomed


After an awesome afternoon of exploring Brugge, Belgium, we stopped at the De Halve Maan Brewery. To get to the brewery you have to duck through an old wooden door and into a stone-paved courtyard/beer garden. The first thing you see when you enter the courtyard is a metal sculpture of the brewerys mascot, the Man in the Moon. The expression of the Man in the Moon gave me a creepy feeling of doom. Since it was a gray, cloudy day and the sculpture was essientially B+W already, I decided to shoot this face of doom in B+W. Through this shot, I wanted to convey the sense of doom I felt when I first saw this sculpture. I think the low angle really brings out this feeling.

Seadragon this image!


Location: De Halve Maan Brewery, Brugge, Belgium
Season: Summer
f-stop: 4.5
Shutter speed: 1/250
Focal length: 80mm
ISO: 100
Other comments: Statue is located outside. It was a cloudy, dreary day. The shot was taken just minutes before it began to rain.

No comments: