Thursday, October 4, 2007

Fortress on a Fountain


One of the things I really like about Salzburg is that, at night, they illuminate many of their grandest statues, fountains, towers, fortresses, and buildings. I spent two nights finding the angles that would allow me to capture many different illuminations in one frame. In this image I was able to capture an old horse-bathing fixture in the foreground and the grand Hohensalzburg Fortress high atop the hill behind.



Seadragon this image!





Location: Domplatz, Salzburg, Austria
Season: Summer
f-stop: 2.8
Shutter speed: 0.8 seconds
Focal length: 7mm
ISO: 200
Flash details: No Flash
Other comments: I used a pocket tripod to stabilize the camera- still, it wasn't enough to completely remove the shake. The shot is coming from about 8" off the ground.

No comments: